Buying an RV can be very expensive. Some people spend almost as much on an RV as they do on their home. If you are buying an RV that is going to cost you $100,000, it is definitely worth your time to try and figure out how you can save 20% or more when buying it. The first thing that you can do to save money is to not buy a new RV. Rather buy one that is just a few years old. It will cut down on the cost of ownership dramatically.
Another thing that you can do is you can look for different ways to save money. Sometimes you can save a lot of money by buying from a motivated seller. The best types of sellers in my opinion are people that have inherited an RV, or people who are selling because they have to. People that have to sell are a lot more motivated, and may be a lot more flexible in the price that they’re willing to take for it. the last place where you can go to try and find a really good deal on motor homes, travel trailers and RVs for sell is a used RV is to an RV auction.
RV auctions can be a good choice especially if you are on your budget and limiting your choices to a second hand and used RV. These reconditioned vehicles are popular especially if you and your family often take a road trip. RV Auctions are a good choice because:
1. Only few competitors. RV Auctions are less publicized so it is a great deal to bid of no worries in accordance with your budget.
2. RV auctions provide a wide range of choices and RV models from different manufacturer without prejudice. Whereas in a showroom the owner is restricted only to a particular brand.
3. With RV auctions, it will save you 30% more than you would otherwise save, if you had bought an RV from showroom models and private dealers.
4. RV auctions are fast emerging nowadays as an alternative for those buyers who wants to fulfill their dreams in buying a RV but is turned off by the high price and limited knowledge of using the RV.
5. RV auction provides you with camaraderie with other bidders. It enhances sportsmanship and connection with other competitors.
Buying repossessed RVs can save you thousands of dollars. Many RV and trailers found out there are sold for less than the dealer trade in value. you will often find that they are advertised in RV magazines and even in newspapers. Sometimes you also find auctions advertised as part of an estate sale, or a bankruptcy sale. If there are very many other buyers that show up to the auction, you can probably get a really good deal on it. it is also a good idea to contact local auction houses, and car auction companies. A lot of times they will also be selling used RVs. Take your time to search carefully. Buying an RV is a very large investment, and you want to make sure that you get a good deal when you buy one.